AONL Leader2Leader Member Community
Code of Conduct
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic rules and guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that best suited to the medium. This is a medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience and participate in an ongoing conversation. Any questions or comments should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to reject or remove any message for any reason. We also reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violates these rules.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry or other area where others might see it. Do not engage in lead-generation or otherwise require member information in order to access information.
- Do not field or promote surveys of any kind without written permission from AONL. Those with permission must specify such in their posts.
- Do not promote job openings or use this forum to job seek. Visit the AONL Career Center for information on available opportunities.
- Do not discuss a topic or topics involving any possible anticompetitive practice, including but not limited to:
- Prices, rates, discounts, or other price-related information;
- Salaries or other compensation information;
- Nonpublic plans for expansion (new facilities, new services);
- Specific customers or classes of customers, or whether you will or will not do business with them;
- Allocation of geographic or service markets;
- Any refusal to deal with a health plan, self-funded employer, or supplier;
- How to deal with the market behavior of a competitor.
- Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials.
- Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site.
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals—not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as “remove me from the list.” Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing email addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new email address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
This site is provided as a service for the members of the American Organization for Nursing Leadership. The American Organization for Nursing Leadership is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by the American Organization for Nursing Leadership or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall the American Organization for Nursing Leadership be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
The posting party grants the American Organization for Nursing Leadership and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print and use such information or other material.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to us and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through our site have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Please contact those vendors and others directly if you have any questions about their privacy policies.